Best Budget Option – The Deluxe
This lovely board might not be as big as the others, but players who aren’t a part of the competitive scene likely won’t even notice the difference. This is especially so if this is their first Crokinole board (It was mine and I certainly couldn’t tell at the time).
The Deluxe Crokinole Board is a very solid, well-built board. It has a good weight and is meant to last for generations of play. It is a traditional crokinole board measuring 28-1/2″ in diameter with a 24″ playing surface. On the reverse side is an 8 x 8 checkerboard that can be used for chess or checkers.
- 24″ maple veneer playing surface with scoring numbers.
- Walnut side rails and birch ditch.
- Latex-covered brass screws with a free bumper replacement guarantee.
Solid build quality ensures longevity
Smaller size suitable for home use
One of the most affordable boards out there.
The smaller size is not ideal for competitive players.
Prettiest Board By A Mile – The Baltic Bircher
This handcrafted board, made from premium Baltic birch wood and cherry side rails looks incredible thanks to that sweet cherry accent. Its large traditional octagon style and 25.5″ playing surface is just short of tournament size, but players at home won’t notice.
- 25.5″ birch playing surface with professional, thin lines.
- Cherry wood frames and a stained dark burgundy ditch.
- High-quality brass posts covered in latex.
- Checkerboard on the back.
- Compatible with wall hangers.
Exceptionally smooth surface for fast play
Looks so dang nice with high-quality materials and colors
May be too large for smaller spaces.
The Octagon shape doesn’t give that satisfying slide around the ditch that the next board offers.
For The Enthusiasts – Tournament Board
Meet the pinnacle of Crokinole Canada boards, crafted to National Crokinole Association standards. Its 26″ Canadian maple playing surface and 2-inch gutter are designed for precise and fast gameplay, ideal for competitive players. The board’s aesthetics are striking, with a sharp black gutter and silk-screened lines, complemented by brass pegs with black sleeves.
- 26″ wide premium maple playing surface with a 1/2″ height.
- NCA standard construction with a 1 3/4″ high sturdy frame.
- Painted black ditch with options for black, red, or gray rock.
- Rubber feet for table protection and stability.
Tournament standard speed and size
Visually appealing design
Constructed to last with great materials
You can slide the discs in the ditch from one side of the board to the other with no effort. This isn’t important, but it’s satisfying.
Professional boards may not be necessary for casual players.